How to make your own solid lotion bars
A tried and tested lotion bar recipe that we used to actually sell and it was well loved! Perfect for winter months when your skin needs a little more TLC! Made with simple and natural ingredients that are great for your skin or hair ends. And did we mention, how useful they are to take to your travels! No more spills.
This recipe uses light oils which make the lotion non greasy. You still need to rub in very little to activate the lotion bar and then massage it on your skin.
Let's jump into the recipe:
14 gm shea butter
10 gm beeswax
9 gm grapeseed oil
4 gm almond oil
5 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
A silicon mold of any shape
1. Melt all the ingredients except the essential oils, in a double boiler. You can make your own double broiler by placing a glass bowl over a medium size saucepan.
2. Bring the water to a boil until the ingredients are melted.
3. Once the ingredients are melted, remove the bowl from the heat.
4. Let the mixture cool slightly and then stir in the essential oils.
5. Pour the mixture into silicon molds or metal tins.
6. Allow the mixture to cool completely, then pop the bars out of the molds.
7. Store in air tight container upto a year.
Enjoy crafting! And let us know how it goes!